Presented by Mohammed Shahnawaz MD (PGY1)
- Elucidate Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) characteristics and prevalence of aggression
- Discuss options for relieving agitation and aggression
- Inform ourselves about pharmaceutical options to reduce aggressive behavior
- Explore future study opportunities
Presented by Kathryn Elkins MD (PGY2)
Clinical question: Is Clindamycin a good adjunctive antibiotic in SSSS?
Presented by Alex Henri MD
How prone are UA’s to contamination, can we identify contamination on a UA, and does contamination matter?
By David Greenky MD (PGY1)
Foreign body Ingestion: General
- At least 80% of foreign object ingestions will pass on their own
- Surgical intervention is needed ~12% of the time
- Vast majority of cases are pediatric, and most between ages of 6 m – 6 y
- Trouble happens most often at GI angles or narrowing
- Previous surgery and congenital malformations = greater risk
Presented by: Gargi Mukherjee MD (PGY1)
- Is intranasal lorazepam (Ativan) as effective as intravenous lorazepam?
- Can intranasal lorazepam be used as a home rescue medication?
Presented by Emily B. Weick, MD (PGY2)
What are the evidence based symptoms which indicate the need for neurosurgery evaluation for a CSF shunt malfunction in a child with VP shunt?
Presented by Collin Dubick, MD (PGY1)
What is the role of observation in the management of NTM cervical lymphadenitis?
Presented by Zev Cohen MD (PGY2)
- What is the efficacy of proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs)/ranitidine for infantile gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)?
- Is a PPI more effective than ranitidine?
- What is the durability of ranitidine?
Presented by Zachary Cline-Egri, DO (PGY1)
- How accurate is Google at diagnosing infantile spasms (IS)?
Presented by Jenny Lin MD (PGY1)
What is the utility of ordering a Biofire FilmArray GI PCR Panel for a case of acute gastroenteritis?