Presented by Katie Waters MD (PGY1)
- Why not opiates?
- Other than avoiding the classic undesirable side effects and risk of developing addiction…
- What are the reasons to avoid this class in migraines specifically?
Presented by Taylor Maturo, MD (PGY-2)
- WHEN do we test for ANA and WHOM should we be testing?
- WHAT exactly is the ANA test? If we do think it’s indicated, what do we order?
- HOW do we interpret the results?
Presented by Nathan Yarnall MD (PGY2)
In patients with acute osteomyelitis:
- Is there a difference in treatment failure rates between post-discharge PO vs IV antibiotics?
- Is there a difference in treatment-related adverse outcomes?
- Is this generalizable to all cases, including severe and chronic osteomyelitis?
Presented by Hope Arnold MD (PGY1)
What is the appropriate management of recurrent intussusception? How many times can an air enema be done before considering surgical management?
Presented by Vincent Palmieri MD (PGY1)
- What is the most likely cause of a BRUE?
- How do you safely manage GERD in the infant population?
Presented by Mohammed Shahnawaz MD (PGY1)
- Elucidate Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) characteristics and prevalence of aggression
- Discuss options for relieving agitation and aggression
- Inform ourselves about pharmaceutical options to reduce aggressive behavior
- Explore future study opportunities
Presented by Kathryn Elkins MD (PGY2)
Clinical question: Is Clindamycin a good adjunctive antibiotic in SSSS?
Presented by Alex Henri MD
How prone are UA’s to contamination, can we identify contamination on a UA, and does contamination matter?
By David Greenky MD (PGY1)
Foreign body Ingestion: General
- At least 80% of foreign object ingestions will pass on their own
- Surgical intervention is needed ~12% of the time
- Vast majority of cases are pediatric, and most between ages of 6 m – 6 y
- Trouble happens most often at GI angles or narrowing
- Previous surgery and congenital malformations = greater risk
Presented by: Gargi Mukherjee MD (PGY1)
- Is intranasal lorazepam (Ativan) as effective as intravenous lorazepam?
- Can intranasal lorazepam be used as a home rescue medication?